8 Dec 2010 --- Wixon Inc. has introduced new rubs and marinades, a simple way to add exotic flavor and give a gourmet touch to meats.
“Inspired by cuisine from countries around the world, these rubs and marinades are a great way to infuse ethnic tastes into any type of protein,” says Bob Kaegi, Wixon Director of Protein Applications & Seasonings.
The new rubs and marinades include:
• Cuban Citrus & Cilantro Rub - Sea salt, smoked paprika, onion, lime peel, red bell pepper, and cilantro deliver a zesty blend of flavor.
• Peruvian Orange Rub - Aji Amarillo chili pepper, garlic, sea salt, onion, paprika, and green and red bell peppers infuse meats with some bite.
• Rosemary/Pepper Marinade - Aromatic rosemary blends with a kick of pepper and hint of garlic to create a taste reminiscencent of Mediterranean cuisine.
• Rosemary/Lemon Peel Marinade - Rosemary and a bit of sugar combine with lemon peel, red bell pepper, and other spices for a tart seasoning.
• Cabrito Rub and Marinade - Garlic, parsley, onion, and lime peel create a lively flavor enhancer with zip.
Wixon is a fully integrated food and beverage ingredient leader providing custom-ground spices, blended seasonings, flavor technologies, protein expertise, and consumer products and packaging. Wixon’s brand promise of Service Driven Culinary Science gives customers the added benefit of food technology enhanced by the creativity of culinary arts. With its advanced
scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and provides solutions for its customers. Besides custom flavor formulations, Wixon offers R&D, product development, packaging options, inventory management, and just-in-time delivery. Wixon is ISO9001 certified and QAI Organic Certified. It celebrated its 100th
Anniversary in 2007.